Monday, December 24, 2007

OUR NOCHE BUENA

It was my first time to cook for a celebration like this.. actually it's my first time to cook without the assistance of someone who knows better. My tatay gave me the instructions on how to cook the hamonada through our chat in ym last last night. Hamonada is one of the viands that I really love! It's always present in our dining table whenever we hold a party or celebrate something. My parents cook the best Hamonada in the world..Asz in! But I tell you their Hamonadas don't taste the same. I don't know. Maybe there's just that magic. Hehe!
Well enough of that "magic.." I'll tell you about that someday.. :P So I had my father's recipe for hamonada but I don't know what went through my mind, I altered some of the steps and deleted and some ingredients.. haha! but it tasted good!! I think I just made my own version of Hamonada..
Our other food for the Noche Buena were Macaroni Salad, Spaghetti, Roasted Chicken, Pork Barbeque and Mango Float. Our ex-neighbor and close family friend called and asked what did I prepare for the midnight salo-salo, and when I told her, she said she couldn't imagine me cooking all of those. Haha! Because they know that I don't know how to cook. But alas! I finally learned how to.
I am soooo proud of my first cooking sessions and how tasty the food I prepared came out to be. I am also happy because my sisters loved it. Ingon gani ako stepmom na pwede na daw ko mag-uyab2x kay kabalo nako magluto. haha! saon! I don't have plans about that until I graduate. Hopefully..
Since we didn't went to bed yet, we chatted with our dad and stepmom while waiting for midnight. I really miss him.. My stepmom said my dad's going to buy me a laptop when he gets home this March. I jumped cause of my happiness.. I really wanted and needed a laptop.. and finally I'm getting one this March! I can't wait! I hope I deserve it..
After we chatted, I rested.. I had fever.. On a Christmas Eve! pft! My headache got worse as it neared 12 midnight.. So instead of playing around I just sat and texted my friends and relatives until twelve. I even lost my appetite so I just ate salad.
The opening of gifts was fun! We did it before we ate. I received a handbag and a cute keychain.. I'm also happy because they liked my gifts for them.
I also had fun taking pictures.. I'll post them in my Friendster account and here soon as I have uploaded them in the computer.
So basically those were what happened on our Noche Buena. I thank God for that night. I am sooo thankful for all the blessings(esp. the laptop and the cooking skill ).. And of course the celebration was about Jesus and how God loved us soooo much that He gave us His son to die for our sins just to save us and give us eternal life.
Even though there were people who weren't able to spend Christmas with us ( my parents, sis, her family, and bro.. I miss them so much), I know God knows their needs and I am always praying for them. Someday, in His time, everything will fall into place - in His time..

No comments:

Post a Comment