Saturday, December 22, 2007

untitled0



It's during times like this that I really question myself, "Was the decision my dad made correct?" We've spent 7 Christmases apart since he left to work abroad on the April of 2000. Although I can say that nasanay na kami, iba parin pag nandito siya at kumpleto ang pamilya.

Sometimes I wonder, "Ano kaya ang dapat mangayari sa Pilipinas para magising ang mga tao? Paano kaya natin sisimulan ang pagbabago para umunlad naman ang ating bayan? Kailan pa kaya uunlad ang Pilipinas?" I hope sooner.. Para naman wala nang mga magulang na mangingibang bayan at mag-titiis sa pangungulila para lamang mabigyan ng magandang buhay ang mga anak nila..

Ang mga OFW's nga ang tinuturing na mga bagong bayani dahil sa halaga ng dollars na pinapasok nila sa economiya ng bansa through the remittances. But many (or I think all) of them are not happy with the continuous backsliding of the Dollar-Peso Exchange Rate. I took up my Econ1(Intro to Economics, Taxation and Land reform) subject just last semester and I learned that the lowering of Dollar-Peso Exchange Rate means that Philippine economy is getting better. Well, in my observation, this strengthening of our economy is not felt by the "masa" and the middle class. Prices of goods continues to soar high.. Unemployment rate is still high.. Except of course sa mga nag-aabroad. And these OFW's and their families who are one of the major reasons of the strengthening of the Peso are also affected.. -heightening of prices of goods, gasoline, at pamasahe. Most importantly, since ang baba baba na talaga nang dollar ngayon, it means na bumababa na din ang value nang sweldo nang mga ama namin pagkapadala dito sa Pilipinas..

Unsaon naman lang ni? Should we wish na sana ipinapagtuloy ni Trillanes ang coup, para tumaas ang dollar? (joke lang poh.. baka mapagkamalan akong terrorista) I really don't understand.. Kaya naman ang gusto ko ngayon ay maka-graduate na.. And hope and pray na sana makapagtrabaho agad preferrably abroad and get out of the country the soonest possible. As of now, yan pa lang ang nakikita kong paraan..to help my family and help the Philippines..

Total my post sounds like an open letter na para sa mga kapwa ko Pinoy, lulubusin ko na.. To quote an article form our History 1 book(i think Renato Constantino is the author of the article), man the collective, not man the individual ang motivators of change. The mass of human beings is the one responsible for whatever change we want to achieve, for whatever is happening now and for what is going to happen in the future. Let's act for change to happen. let's start now. Let's not let the Filipino nation sink. Ako'y isang hamak na 2nd year college student lang at ang tanging alam ko na maari nating gawin especially people of my age is to educate ourselves and be aware of what's happening to our country and apply what we learn in school to promote change. Umpisahan natin sa mga sarili natin. Easiser said than done but i think we can. Hindi rin ako perpektong tao pero gayunpaman alam ko may magagawa ako, may magagawa tayo..

grabe na jud ni ha.. I'm supposed to write about how my family is going to spend Christmas but it turned out na mura ko ug gabuhat ug essay para sa history.. duh..nigawas akong pagka-nationalistic..

this is just my opinion people.. if you have any reactions, please leave a comment.. but as of now, hindi pa mababago ang mga paniniwala ko regarding the above matters.. that's all.. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment