Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kpop Idols in the Philippines

It started with Kim Bum. Because of the high popularity of Boys Over Flowers here in the Philippines, he was warmly receive by many Filipinos last September 2009 when he arrived here for his commercial shoot with Maja Salvador for RC Cola. He even participated in volunteer works because he arrived here just after we experienced the wrath of typhoon Ketsana.

Then came SHINee. They attended the Korea Cultural Festival here in the Philippines last Nov. 2009.

Next was 4Minute who promoted their album during the first week of February 2010. They also performed in various TV programs.

On the last week of February, Doojoon and Nickchun of 2PM also went to the Philippines to do charity work.

Yesterday, FT Island performed on Showtime, a morning talent show here in the Philippines. They are here for their concert at the PICC Plenary Hall, today, right now, as I am writing this blog post.

 After I watched and screamed like crazy yesterday while watching FT Island perform, I couldn't help but worry about Super Junior's upcoming Super Show 2 here in the Philippines. If I almost died seeing Choi Jonghoon, Hongki, Jaejin, and the rest of FTI on Philippine television, how much worse would I feel if I see Super Junior only on TV. This is their first time to have a concert here and I really don't want to miss the opportunity of seeing the boys I really adore. If only I live near Manila. I love Iligan and I certainly love province life but during times like this, I can't help but hate that I'm living in the province. Aside from the concert tickets, the costly transportation is more painful for my pocket. IT'S SO HARD TO BE A FAN GIRL. haha! That's all I can say. Only God knows how I can attend Super Show 2. Actually there are also minuses if I go. First, the 13 of them won't be there. 2nd, the 13 of them won't be there. I might miss our visit to my grandparents' place again (I wasn't able to go last year). 3rd,..the 13 of them won't be there. *sigh* I really want to go. I don't want to cry like a baby watching them being interviewed or guesting on TV.. on Philippine TV! I don't think I can take watching them on TV when they just standing on the same country as me.



Don't get me wrong. I'm actually happy that Kpop idols are getting a lot of love from Filipino audiences. Jang Geun Seok is also coming to the Philippines this year. And the Philippine invasion of Big Bang and more idols are already in the works too. If only Super Junior and FT Island didn't decide to have a concert here sooner...

No comments:

Post a Comment