Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Chinese New Year!

Kong Hei Fat Choi everyone! Saehae bok manhi badeuseyo!새해 복 많이 바드세요! I hope everyone will receive loads of good luck for the year of the Tiger!

We don't really celebrate Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year here at home since we are not Chinese and we don't have Chinese blood. (Well actually. I think all Filipinos have a mixture of Chinese blood in them because of close ties of China and Philippines in the past. In fact my great grandpa looks Chinese a little bit. But we only have infinitisemal Chinese blood so we don't celebrate. ㅋㅋ) So to everyone who celebrates Chinese New Year, Happy New Year to you all may we all be lucky in this new year.

And coincidentally, the Chinese New Year this year falls on the 14th of February which means it's also Valentines Day so Happy Valentines Day to all of us! :) It's my 20th year of being single on a Valentine's Day but it's okay. I'm still happy coz my V-day is always spent with either my family or my closest friends. Seeing a lot of couples on a date on the 14th makes me remember my first valentine's date. It's one of the funniest highschool memories I have but at that time I was so happy. lol. That was young love. Now Valentine's Day for me is just another ordinary day. Blah. My classmate is right. Nothing is special in this day. People are just making it big because businessmen can make a lot of money during this season. Come to think of it how many hotels, restos, and flower shops are jampacked with orders and reservations right now? hahaha! But then again, those lines are for the singles who are bitter that they won't have dates on V-day. I'm not bitter. ㅋㅋ So to all who are in love, were once in love, loved, and are loving someone (significant other or family or self, or friends), Happy Valentine's Day to all of us. ♥♥♥

I have no plans in celebrating Valentines Day nor getting out of the house and watch the city be filled with couples wearing red and oozing with sweetness. My friends and I even joke around that we should take lots of sleeping pills on the 13th enough for us to skip the 14th and wake up on February 15. lol. But fortunately, I'll be celebrating V-day with my sisters and my brother's family. It's my niece's Christening tomorrow and we were invited to join their celebration so yeah I finally have an appointment on V-day. hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment