Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Found a New Love - Lady Antebellum

Yep! I'm now inlove with Lady Antebellum's music. The first track I heard from them was Need You Now. Then last week, as I was browsing through the Billboard Top 100 site, I saw their new song American Honey in the charts. I checked it out and I instantly fell inlove with the song. I downloaded the whole album and tada I'm now officially inlove with their music. I like my dad's choice of country songs but the among the new and young country singers today I don't really have a favorite until today. Haha! Their album is currently playing on loop in my music player. This is gonna be one of the soundtrack albums of my summer.

From wikipedia:
Lady Antebellum is an American country music group formed in Nashville, Tennessee in 2006. It is composed of Charles Kelley (lead and background vocals), Dave Haywood (background vocals, guitar, piano, mandolin) and Hillary Scott (lead and background vocals). The group made its debut in 2007 as guest vocalists on Jim Brickman's single "Never Alone", before signing to Capitol Records Nashville and releasing "Love Don't Live Here". The song, which peaked at #3 on the Hot Country Songs chart in May 2008, served as the first single to the group's self-titled debut album. Certified platinum in the US, the album also includes the singles "Lookin' for a Good Time" and "I Run to You", the latter of which became the group's first Number One in July 2009. "Need You Now," was released in mid-2009 and is the first single off the band's new album released in January 2010; it is also the group's second number one single.
 Lady Antebellum has been awarded Top New Duo or Group in 2009 by the Academy of Country Music and New Artist of the Year in 2008 by the Country Music Association. They were nominated for two Grammy Awards at the 51st Grammy Awards and two more at the 52nd Grammy Awards; of these nominations, they took home the award for Best Country Performance by Duo or Group with Vocals for "I Run to You." More recently in November 2009, the band was awarded Single of the Year (“I Run to You”) and Vocal Group of the Year by the Country Music Association.


If you haven't heard any of Lady Antebellum's songs yet, you better check this out. It's called American Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment