Sunday, June 27, 2010

FIFA 2010

Well, I've been following the FIFA 2010 updates even though I'm not really a football fan. Believe it or not, I became a FIFA fan because of the World Cup songs. LOL. First it was K'naan's Wavin' Flag, then Super Junior's Victory Korea. And because of my Korean friends on Twitter and the Kpop celebrities I'm following, I found out how supportive the Koreans are to their team for the World Cup. It really amazed me. How I wish my country could represent in the World Cup in the future. How I wish. LOL. But football's not really a favorite game for Filipinos, it's basketball, so I think I might have to wait for a long time for that to happen.


So they are currently on the Round of 16, and last night, South Korea lost to Uruguay so they're not qualified to enter the quarter finals anymore. I think a lot of Koreans cried last night. I wasn't able to watch their game but for sure they did great and their countrymen are apparently proud of them. Too bad they can't have a chance to the finals. But it's still a victory for them for making it this far.


The team I'm cheering on for the 2010 World Cup is... Argentina! Why? Well, I was able to watch South Korea's game against them last week ( first football match I ever watched. LOL. I watched it because I was curious. lol. and I was bored that time. ) and I was impressed by their team. and.. yes, this is the part you have been waiting for.. One player caught my eye. It's Gonzalo Higuain. Argentina won against Korea 4:1 and Gonzalo Higuain contributed 3 out of their 4 goals. Since I wasn't able to finish watching that match via live streaming, I downloaded their game today and watched it. They're really good. I'm gonna watch replays of their games tonight if I finish downloading them all. Go Argentina!

Here are my favorite players of the team :



Gonzalo Higuain

Lionel Messi


Sergio Aguero

By the way, Gonzalo Higuain was declared Man of the Match during that game against South Korea. Today, June 27, they will compete against Mexico to qualify for the quarter-finals. I hope they win. I wanna see them on the finals. Go Argentina! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment